Creating a beautiful landscaped garden is a great way to improve your property and add value to your outdoor spaces. But what about those shadyspots? We have great plant ideas that you can use to cover those shadyspots in your garden.
If you are thinking of upgrading or revamping your landscaped garden a bit, consider turning those unsightly shady spots into a beautiful space in your garden. With so many shady plants available, you can easily fill these spots up and make them stand out from the garden.
- Heucheras. They offer a great variation of leaf colors, from silver to burgundy, salmon and orange. They provide the visual excitement you need to stand out, and they come in a very wide range of leaf color variations.
- Dead nettle (Lamium maculatum). This is a low spreading plant that has red, pink, purple or white blooms in early summer. They have silvery foliage and they spread happily throughout your shady areas.
- Lungwort (Pulmonaria).
Yet another shady plant that offers silvery foliage. They typically have narrow, long leaves and can be entirely silver too.
- Foamflower (Tiarella cordifolia). These are great plants for shady spots, as they have a shiny, natural look. Newer varieties often have burgundy-red leaf veins.
- Astilbe. They are well-known for their colorful flower plumes, and their beautiful foliage that can be bronze, green, wine red, or more. During bloom time you can really see a lot of interaction and color throughout the season.
- Foxglove (Digitalis) This shade-loving plant is always a good idea as it provides you with the cover you need in the shade. They are very reliable as well, making them one of the easiest and most reliable plants when it comes to growing in shady areas.
These are just a few of the great plants for shady spots in your landscaped garden. They are easy to plant, easy to maintain, and provide a great way for you to use your shade spaces. You can also mix it up and enjoy the best of both by using various plants together and playing around with it until you are happy.
Fox Hollow Landscaping & Design specializes in landscaped gardens. Contact us today for more information about our landscaping services, and what shady plants you can effectively use in your unique outdoor space